- Verlag: Macmillan Education
- 3. Aufl.
- Seitenzahl: 372
- Erscheinungstermin: 6. Mai 2016
- Abmessung: 233mm x 158mm x 25mm
- Gewicht: 669g
- ISBN-13: 9781137431547
- ISBN-10: 1137431547
- Artikelnr.: 44532862
1. Seeing the World.
2. Disgusting, Forbidden and Unthinkable.
3. Gifts, Exchange and Reciprocity.
4. The Ritual Round.
5. Society: A Set of Symbols.
6. Beauty and Bounty, Treasure and Trophies.
7. Cosmology I: Religion, Magic and Mythology.
8. Cosmology II: Witchcraft, Shamanism & Syncretism.
9. Law, Order and Social Control.
10. The Art of Politics.
11. Family, Kinship and Marriage.
12. Economics and the Environment.
13. Identities in a Connected World.
14. Anthropology and Anthropologists
"This is without doubt one of the best introductory texts on social anthropology that exists. Much of the book's success lies in its lively, engaging and accessible style: Hendry has a knack of simplifying complex arguments and making anthropological ideas not only interesting but also fun." -Cris Shore, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
"Joy Hendry offers the perfect introductory guide to anthropology for students as well as a curious public. This is the book I reach for first as a teacher because of its topical breadth, attention to history, and the sheer excitement it conveys about what an anthropological gaze can offer." -Tamara Kohn, University of Melbourne, Australia
"With examplesfrom around the world, a wide palette of topics, and clear explanations of key concepts and theories, this is a highly engaging and vividly rendered introduction to social and cultural anthropology for new students and general readers alike." -Willam W. Kelly, Yale University, USA
" Sharing Our Worlds is a superb learning experience for anyone curious about humanity and cultural dynamics. Joy Hendry dazzles with provocative questions, compelling stories, and profound answers." -Christopher C. Fennell, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA.