- PCR Methods in Foods98,99 €
- Is It Safe to Eat?32,99 €
- Seafoods115,99 €
- Food Powders140,99 €
- Food Safety181,99 €
- Molecular Biological and Immunological Techniques and Applications for Food Chemists155,99 €
- Handbook of Food Analytical Chemistry, Volume 2: Pigments, Colorants, Flavors, Texture, and Bioactive Food Components257,99 €
This book provides a fundamental understanding of physical properties of foods. Basic definitions and principles of physical properties are discussed as well as the importance of physical properties in the food industry and measurement methods. In addition, recent studies in physical properties area are summarized.
The material presented is helpful for students to understand the relationship between physical and functional properties of raw, semi-finished, and processed food in order to obtain products with desired shelf-life and quality. Each chapter provides examples and problems, which teach students to analyze experimental data to generate practical information. In addition, the material in the book may be of interest to people who are working in the field of Food Science, Food Technology, Biological Systems Engineering, Food Process Engineering, or Agricultural Engineering. The book also can be used as a reference by graduate students and researchers who deal with physical properties.
- Food Science Text Series
- Verlag: Springer / Springer New York / Springer, Berlin
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 11547969
- Erscheinungstermin: Juni 2006
- Abmessung: 265mm x 185mm x 19mm
- Gewicht: 722g
- ISBN-13: 9780387307800
- ISBN-10: 038730780X
- Artikelnr.: 20754045
Physical Properties of Foods is an excellent reference for food engineers and other food scientists, and I highly recommend it for use as a textbook or as a reference in Food Science and Engineering curricula."
- Dorin Boldor, Biological and Agricultural Engineering Department, Louisiana State University & LSU AgCenter
Journal of Food Processing and Preservation Volume 31 Issue 1 February 2007