- The African Photographic Archive (eBook, PDF)23,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- American History through Hollywood Film (eBook, ePUB)31,95 €
- Verlorene Zeiten? (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- The Battle of Britain on Screen (eBook, ePUB)26,95 €
- Latin American History Goes to the Movies (eBook, ePUB)36,95 €
- Modernism at the Microphone (eBook, ePUB)38,95 €
This volume explores the complex theoretical and practical issues involved in the study of African photographic archives, based on case studies drawn from across the continent dating from the 19th century to the present day. Chapters consider what constitutes an archive, from the familiar mission and state archives to more local, vernacular and personal accumulations of photographs; the importance of a critical and reflexive engagement with photographic collections; and the question of where and what is 'Africa', as constructed in the photographic archive.
Essential reading for all researchers working with photographic archives, this book consolidates current thinking on the topic and sets the agenda for future research in this field.
- Verlag: Bloomsbury UK
- Seitenzahl: 264
- Erscheinungstermin: 23.04.2015
- ISBN-13: 9781472591265
- Artikelnr.: 42516813