- Brecht Collected Plays: 1 (eBook, ePUB)17,95 €
- Brecht Collected Plays: 6 (eBook, ePUB)16,95 €
- Brecht Collected Plays: 3 (eBook, ePUB)17,95 €
- Brecht Collected Plays: 5 (eBook, ePUB)19,95 €
- Brecht Collected Plays: 7 (eBook, ePUB)16,95 €
- Vinaver Plays: 2 (eBook, ePUB)17,95 €
- Vinaver Plays: 1 (eBook, ePUB)17,95 €
This second volume of Brecht's Collected Plays brings together some of his most glittering Berlin successes including The Threepenny Opera, The Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny, The Seven Deadly Sins, Man Equals Man and The Elephant Calf. The Threepenny Opera is the story of the mercurial beggar turned entrepeneur Peachum and his battles with the criminal Mac 'the Knife'; Mahagonny, an operatic satire on the search for an American capitalist utopia; The Seven Deadly Sins is a ballet with songs that predicts the downfall of the petty bourgeosie and was first performed as the Nazis planned their book burning exercise. Man equals Man is an exploration of the theory of equality and The Elephant Calf is a play within a play based on an Indian folk story.
The translators include W H Auden and Chester Kallman, Ralph Manheim, Gerhard Nellhaus and John Willett. The translations are ideal for both study and performance. The volume is accompanied by a full introduction and notes by the series editor John Willett and includes Brecht's own notes and relevant texts as well as all the important textual variants.
- Verlag: Bloomsbury UK
- Seitenzahl: 432
- Erscheinungstermin: 20. März 2015
- ISBN-13: 9781408177402
- Artikelnr.: 40615428