Andere Kunden interessierten sich auch für
The combined features that distinguish this text from other titles can be summarized with an acronym: CARE C utting edge research A pplied developmental science R eadability E ssential knowledge Written by respected child, adolescent, and adulthood development experts, this authoritative and chronologically organized text presents an integrated perspective on lifespan development. The authors write in an engaging manner, synthesizing biological, social, cultural, and socioeconomic influences as opposed to organizing content around developmental themes. Incorporation of classic and cutting-edge research includes extensive coverage of new research in developmental neuroscience, which has transformed the study of lifespan development by introducing brain maturation. At the same time, the text emphasizes the application of developmental psychology to real world problems, focusing on the ways in which knowledge of child development can inform social policy and practice in the fields of child care, education, mental health, and family life. The text also examines the many fascinating changes that take place through adulthood to help students answer the important question: Who will I become tomorrow? And with a separate epilogue that focuses on death and dying, the book takes students on a developmental journey from our first breath to our last. Reflecting the authors' combined expertise, the broad array of real-life examples resonate with students from different backgrounds and fields of study, and with different occupational goals in mind. With its distinctive and effective combination of cutting-edge research, applications, readability, and essential knowledge, this text helps students understand and appreciate what today's scientists are discovering about human development across the lifespan, how they study the process, and how this knowledge can be used to improve the lives of infants, children, adolescents, and adults around the world.
- Cengage Advantage Books
- Verlag: Cengage Learning Emea; Wadsworth
- International Edition
- Seitenzahl: 768
- Erscheinungstermin: Juni 2010
- Abmessung: 274mm x 213mm x 23mm
- Gewicht: 1375g
- ISBN-13: 9780495911616
- ISBN-10: 0495911615
- Artikelnr.: 28957690
PART I: FOUNDATIONS.
1. The Study of Child Development.
2. Nature with Nurture.
3. Conception, Prenatal Development, and Birth.
PART II: INFANCY.
4. Physical Development in Infancy.
5. Cognitive Development in Infancy.
6. Socioemotional Development in Infancy.
PART III: EARLY CHILDHOOD.
7. hysical and Cognitive Development in Early Childhood.
8. Socioemotional Development in Early Childhood.
PART IV: MIDDLE CHILDHOOD.
9. Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood.
10. Socioemotional Development in Middle Childhood.
PART V: ADOLESCENCE.
11.Physical and Cognitive Development in Adolescence.
12. Socioemotional Development in Adolescence.
PART VI: YOUNG ADULTHOOD.
13. Physical and Cognitive Development in Young Adulthood.
14. Socioemotional Development in Young Adulthood.
PART VII: MIDDLE ADULTHOOD.
15. Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle Adulthood.
16. Socioemotional Development in Middle Adulthood.
PART VIII: LATE ADULTHOOD.
17. Physical and Cognitive Development in Late Adulthood.
18. Socioemotional Development in Late Adulthood.
Epilogue: Death and Dying.
Es gelten unsere Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen: www.buecher.de/agb
www.buecher.de ist ein Shop der
buecher.de GmbH & Co. KG
Amtsgericht Augsburg HRA 13309
Persönlich haftender Gesellschafter: buecher.de Verwaltungs GmbH
Amtsgericht Augsburg HRB 16890
Günter Hilger, Geschäftsführer
Clemens Todd, Geschäftsführer
Sitz der Gesellschaft:Augsburg
Ust-IdNr. DE 204210010
Bitte wählen Sie Ihr Anliegen aus.