- Sharing the Land, Sharing a Future: The Legacy of the Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples71,99 €
- Orientalism12,99 €
- Did You See Us?: Reunion, Remembrance, and Reclamation at an Urban Indian Residential School68,99 €
- The Struggle of Non-Sovereign Caribbean Territories: Neoliberalism Since the French Antillean Uprisings of 2009128,99 €
- Yes, Lord, I Know the Road: A Documentary History of African Americans in South Carolina, 1526-200852,99 €
- Empire's Guestworkers: Haitian Migrants in Cuba During the Age of US Occupation84,99 €
- Pathways of Reconciliation: Indigenous and Settler Approaches to Implementing the Trc's Calls to Action70,99 €
Maughan-Brown's book is invaluable on many levels. He presents a concise account of the uprising and its place in Kenyan identity, and significantly increases our understanding of settler attitudes and the role of literature within colonial ideology. Land, Freedom and Fiction succeeds in showing the subtle insights a materialist approach can bring to the study of literature, ideology and society.
- African Culture Archive
- Verlag: Zed Books
- 2., Neuausg.
- Seitenzahl: 304
- Erscheinungstermin: 15. Juni 2017
- Abmessung: 215mm x 134mm x 24mm
- Gewicht: 332g
- ISBN-13: 9781786990143
- ISBN-10: 1786990148
- Artikelnr.: 45721839
2. 'Mau Mau' as a Historical Phenomenon
3. Kenyan Colonial Settler Ideology
4. Nothing of Value: Colonial Fiction About 'Mau Mau'
5. 'Plus ca Chamge...': Liberal Fiction from the Metropolis
6. Economy, Politics and Ideology in Post-Independence Kenya
7. Novels of the 'Freedom'
8. Not Yet the Freedom