- A Tale of Two Cities (Wisehouse Classics - with original Illustrations by Phiz) (eBook, ePUB)0,99 €
- Treasure Island (Wisehouse Classics Edition - With Original Illustrations by Louis Rhead) (eBook, ePUB)0,99 €
- Northanger Abbey (Wisehouse Classics Edition) (eBook, ePUB)0,99 €
- The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes (Wisehouse Classics Edition - With Original Illustrations) (eBook, ePUB)0,99 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- The Sign of Four (Wisehouse Classics Edition - with original illustrations by Richard Gutschmidt) (eBook, ePUB)0,99 €
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Wisehouse Classics - Original 1865 Edition with the Complete Illustrations by Sir John Tenniel) (eBook, ePUB)0,99 €
It is set among marshes in Kent, and in London, in the early to mid-1800s, and contains some of Dickens' most memorable scenes, including the opening, in a graveyard, where the young Pip is accosted by the escaped convict, Abel Magwitch. GREAT EXPECTATIONS is full of extreme imagery -poverty; prison ships and chains, and fights to the death-and has a colorful cast of characters who have entered popular culture. Dickens's themes include wealth and poverty, love and rejection, and the eventual triumph of good over evil. GREAT EXPECTATIONS is popular both with readers and literary critics, and has been translated into many languages, and adapted numerous times into various media.
Upon its release, the novel received near universal acclaim. Thomas Carlyle spoke disparagingly of "all that Pip's nonsense". Later, George Bernard Shaw praised the novel, as "All of one piece and consistently truthful." During the serial publication, Dickens was pleased with public response to GREAT EXPECTATIONS and its sales; when the plot first formed in his mind, he called it "a very fine, new and grotesque idea." (more on www.wisehouse-classics.com)
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Wisehouse
- Seitenzahl: 497
- Erscheinungstermin: 08.04.2016
- ISBN-13: 9789176371640
- Artikelnr.: 45071543