- The School for Scandal and Other Plays (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- Volpone and Other Plays (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- A Shropshire Lad and Other Poems (eBook, ePUB)8,49 €
- The Things That Matter (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- Blues for Mister Charlie (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Political Leadership (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
'To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness'
The Importance of Being Earnest is a glorious comedy of mistaken identity, which ridicules codes of propriety and etiquette. Snobbery and hypocrisy are also laid bare in Lady Windermere's Fan, A Woman of No Importance and An Ideal Husband, while in Salomé and A Florentine Tragedy, Wilde uses historical settings to explore the complex relationship between sex and power. The range of these plays displays Wilde's delight in artifice, masks and disguises, and reveals the pretensions of the social world in which he himself played such a dazzling and precarious part.
Edited with Introduction, Commentaries and Notes by Richard Allen Cave
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Penguin Books Ltd
- Seitenzahl: 464
- Erscheinungstermin: 25. Mai 2000
- ISBN-13: 9780141909318
- Artikelnr.: 38139328