- The Crusades (eBook, ePUB)8,78 €
- The Crusades (eBook, ePUB)11,99 €
- The Templars (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Ivory Vikings: The Mystery of the Most Famous Chessmen in the World and the Woman Who Made Them (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- The Life and Legend of the Sultan Saladin (eBook, ePUB)17,99 €
- The Time Traveller's Guide to Medieval England (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
Michael Haag's new book explores the rise and fall of the Templars against the backdrop of the Crusader ideal and their settlement venture in Outremer. Haag argues that the Crusader States were a rare period when the population of Palestine had something approaching local rule, representing local interests - and the fall of Jerusalem to Saladin was a disaster. He contends that the Templars, as defenders of the Crusader States, were made scapegoats for a Europe whose newfound nationalism caused it to withdraw support for the Crusader venture. Throughout, he charts the Templars' rise and fall in gripping narrative, with their beliefs and actions set in the context of their time.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Profile
- Erscheinungstermin: 01.11.2012
- ISBN-13: 9781847658548
- Artikelnr.: 38356939