- Gallipoli (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- World War I (eBook, ePUB)2,99 €
- The 28th: A Record of War Service in the Australian Imperial Force, 1915-19 - Volume I. (WWI Centenary Series) (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Over the Top' with the Third Australian Division (WWI Centenary Series) (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Wilful Murder: The Sinking Of The Lusitania (eBook, ePUB)11,99 €
- The First World War (eBook, ePUB)14,99 €
On 7th June 1917, nineteen massive mines exploded beneath Messines Ridge near Ypres. The largest man-made explosion in history up until that point shattered the landscape and smashed open the German lines. Ten thousand German soldiers died.
Two of the mines - at Hill 60 and the Caterpillar - were fired by men of the 1st Australian Tunnelling Company, comprising miners and engineers rather than parade-ground soldiers. Drawing on the diaries of one of the key combatants, Benealth Hill 60 tells the little-known, devastatingly brutal true story of this subterranean war waged beneath the Western Front - a stygian battle-ground where men drowned in viscous chalk, suffocated in the blue gray clay, choked on poisonous air or died in the darkness, caught up up in vicious hand-to-hand fighting...
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Random House UK Ltd
- Seitenzahl: 288
- Erscheinungstermin: 29.02.2012
- ISBN-13: 9781448125265
- Artikelnr.: 37912392