- Imagining Robin Hood (eBook, ePUB)22,95 €
- The Outlaws of Medieval Legend (eBook, PDF)26,95 €
- Robin Hood and the Outlaw/ed Literary Canon (eBook, PDF)28,95 €
- Crime in Medieval Europe (eBook, PDF)32,95 €
- Westminster Abbey Reformed (eBook, PDF)22,95 €
- Imagining the Afterlife in the Ancient World (eBook, PDF)28,95 €
- Reformation, Politics and Polemics (eBook, PDF)33,95 €
Imagining Robin Hood questions:
- what a 'yeoman' was, and what it meant to be a fifteenth-century Englishman
- Was Robin Hood hunted as an outlaw, or respected as an officially appointed forest ranger?
- Why do we ignore the fact that this celebrated hero led a life of crime?
- Did he actually steal from the rich and give to the poor?
Answering these questions, the book looks at how Robin Hood was 'all things to all men' since he first appeared; speaking to the gentry, the peasants and all those in between. The story of the freedom-loving outlaw tells us much about the English nation, but tracing back to the first stories reveals even more about the society in which the legend arose.
An enthralling read for all historians and general readers of this fascinating subject.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 288
- Erscheinungstermin: 02.08.2004
- ISBN-13: 9781134595396
- Artikelnr.: 38263373