- Billion Dollar Burger (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- Sitopia (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- How Diets Affect Human Health and Environmental Sustainability (eBook, ePUB)2,99 €
- Food Stories For Beginning Food Entrepreneurs About Food Service Businesses & Opportunities For Beginners, Food Service Business Ideas, Product Ideas & Catering (Beginner's Crafts Guide Series) (eBook, ePUB)2,63 €
- Garden Variety (eBook, ePUB)20,95 €
- One Man's Quest to Keep You Safe (eBook, ePUB)18,95 €
- The Slow Food Story (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
The trillion-dollar meat industry is one of our greatest environmental hazards; it pollutes more than all the world's fossil-fuel-powered cars. Global animal agriculture is responsible for deforestation, soil erosion and more emissions than air travel, paper mills and coal mining combined. It also depends on the slaughter of more than 60 billion animals per year, a number that is only increasing as the global appetite for meat swells. The whole world seems to be sleepwalking into a food crisis.
But a band of doctors, scientists, activists and entrepreneurs have been racing to end animal agriculture as we know it, hoping to fulfill a dream of creating meat without ever having to kill an animal. This is the story of a group of seven vegans quietly working to solve one the most pressing issues we face today, creating the biggest upheaval to the food business in decades along the way.
In Billion Dollar Burger, Chase Purdy explores the companies at the cutting edge of the nascent food technology sector, from polarizing activist-turned-tech CEO Josh Tetrick to lobbyists and regulators on both sides of the issue. Billion Dollar Burger follows the people fighting to upend our food system as they butt up against the entrenched interests fighting viciously to stop them. It will take readers on a truly global journey from Silicon Valley to China, by way of Israel and the UK.
The stakes are monumentally high: cell-cultured meat is the best hope for sustainable food production, a key to fighting climate change, a gold mine for the companies that make it happen and an existential threat for the farmers and meatpackers that make our meat today.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Little, Brown Book Group
- Erscheinungstermin: 16. Juni 2020
- ISBN-13: 9780349420325
- Artikelnr.: 59399622