- Churchill and Orwell (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- On Tyranny (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- Harry's Last Stand (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Curzon (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Fellow Travellers of the Right (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- How the Establishment Lost Control (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- Nestor Makhno and Rural Anarchism in Ukraine, 1917-1921 (eBook, ePUB)20,95 €
Later, Comfort and Orwell developed a friendship based on appreciation of each other's work and a common concern about the growing power and penetration of the State-a concern that deeply influenced the writing of Nineteen Eighty-Four. Shortly before his death in 1950, however, Orwell would accuse Comfort of being "anti-British" and "temperamentally pro-totalitarian" in a memo he prepared secretly for the Foreign Office-a fact that Comfort, who died in 2000, never knew.
Laursen's book takes a fresh look at the Orwell-Comfort quarrel and the lessons it holds for our very different world-in which war has been replaced by undeclared "conflicts," civilian bombing is even more enthusiastically practiced, and moral choices between two sides are rarely straightforward.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: AK Press
- Altersempfehlung: ab 12 Jahre
- Erscheinungstermin: 12.06.2018
- ISBN-13: 9781849353175
- Artikelnr.: 52428939