- Britain and the German Churches, 1945-1950 (eBook, ePUB)18,95 €
- A Brief History of Life in Victorian Britain (eBook, ePUB)2,49 €
- John Stonehouse, My Father (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- tolino shine 389,00 €
- A Train in Winter (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- A Secret History of the IRA (eBook, ePUB)11,99 €
- The Ship of Dreams (eBook, ePUB)12,30 €
In 1901 no other city matched London in size, wealth and grandeur. Yet it was also a city where poverty and disease were rife. For its inhabitants, such contradictions and diversity were the defining experience of the next century of dazzling change.
In the worlds of work and popular culture, politics and crime, through war, immigration and sexual revolution, Jerry White's richly detailed and captivating history shows how the city shaped their lives and how it in turn was shaped by them.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Random House UK Ltd
- Seitenzahl: 560
- Erscheinungstermin: 10. November 2009
- ISBN-13: 9781407013077
- Artikelnr.: 39213210