- You Hide That You Hate Me and I Hide That I Know (eBook, ePUB)14,99 €
- The Elephant, the Tiger, and the Cell Phone (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- tolino shine 3112,99 €
- The Age of Aspiration (eBook, ePUB)17,95 €
- The Argumentative Indian (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- The Vortex (eBook, ePUB)15,99 €
- Reconciliation in the Sudans (eBook, ePUB)58,95 €
A Foreign Affairs Best Book of 2020
An urgent book. Jennifer Szalai, New York Times
During a century of colonialism, Burma was plundered for its natural resources and remade as a racial hierarchy. Over decades of dictatorship, it suffered civil war, repression, and deep poverty. Today, Burma faces a mountain of challenges: crony capitalism, exploding inequality, rising ethnonationalism, extreme racial violence, climate change, multibillion dollar criminal networks, and the power of China next door. Thant Myint-U shows how the country's past shapes its recent and almost unbelievable attempt to create a new democracy in the heart of Asia, and helps to answer the big questions: Can this multicultural country of 55 million succeed? And what does Burma's story really tell us about the most critical issues of our time?
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.