- England, Arise (eBook, ePUB)4,49 €
- Foundation (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Richard III and the Princes in the Tower (eBook, ePUB)9,99 €
- Henry II (Penguin Monarchs) (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- Henry III (Penguin Monarchs) (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- Edward III (Penguin Monarchs) (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- 1066 and Before All That (eBook, ePUB)12,95 €
Weakened by the loss of Normandy, King John faced insurrection by his disgruntled barons. With the assistance of the Archbishop of Canterbury, they drew up a list of their demands. In June, in a quiet Thames-side water-meadow, John attached his regal seal - under oath - to a charter that set limits on regal power. In return, the barons renewed their vows of fealty. Groundbreaking though 'Magna Carta' was, it had scant immediate impact as England descended into civil war that would still be raging when John died the following year.
Dan Jones's vivid account of the vicissitudes of feudal power politics and the workings of 13th-century government is interwoven with a exploration of the lives of ordinary people: how and where they worked, what they wore, what they ate, and what role the Church played in their lives.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Head of Zeus
- Seitenzahl: 304
- Erscheinungstermin: 30.09.2015
- ISBN-13: 9781781858813
- Artikelnr.: 42883533