- European Bison112,99 €
- Management of Disease in Wild Mammals80,99 €
- Biology and Conservation of the European Sturgeon Acipenser sturio L. 1758150,99 €
- A Colour Atlas of Salmonid Diseases130,99 €
- Handbook of Pathogens and Diseases in Cephalopods39,99 €
- The Welfare of Sheep171,99 €
- Living in a Seasonal World150,99 €
From an early stage in the restitution of the European bison, husband-and-wife team Malgorzata Krasinska and Zbigniew A. Krasinski have been participating in relevant management initiatives and researching all facets of the bison, from its morphology and diet, to its movements, social life and reproduction, and the conservation management actions that have been taken to save it. Now they have summarised this wealth of knowledge on the species, giving rise to a publication ideal for students, professional biologists and conservationists, but also for all nature enthusiasts.
This new edition of the monograph offers extensively updated content taking into account research carried out on the European bison in the last few years. Also featured, a new chapter devoted to knowledge of the genetics of the species drawn up by Malgorzata Tokarska of the Bialowieza-based Mammal Research Institute PAS.