- The Sense of Style (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Mortal Syntax (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- Perfect Written English (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- It Was the Best of Sentences, It Was the Worst of Sentences (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- The Times Style Guide: A guide to English usage (eBook, ePUB)8,99 €
- Grammar Snobs Are Great Big Meanies (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
"We must avoid vulgarities like 'front up'. If someone is 'fronting up' a television show, then he is presenting it."
Simon Heffer's incisive and amusingly despairing emails to colleagues at the The Daily Telegraph about grammatical mistakes and stylistic slips have attracted a growing band of ardent fans over recent years. Now, in his new book Strictly English, he makes an impassioned case for an end to the sloppiness that has become such a hallmark of everyday speech and writing, and shows how accuracy and clarity are within the grasp of anyone who is prepared to take the time to master a few simple rules.
If you wince when you see "different than" in print, or are offended by people who think that "infer" and "imply" mean the same thing, then this book will provide reassurance that you are not alone. And if you believe that precise and elegant English really does matter, then it will prove required reading.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Random House UK Ltd
- Seitenzahl: 352
- Erscheinungstermin: 31. Mai 2011
- ISBN-13: 9781446474792
- Artikelnr.: 39224071