- Landscapes and Narratives of PhD by Publication74,99 €
- Playing the PhD Game with Integrity59,99 €
- Playing the PhD Game with Integrity81,99 €
- Developing Researcher Independence Through the Hidden Curriculum103,99 €
- Autoethnographic Reflections on a Research Journey22,99 €
- The Purposeful PhD36,99 €
- The Hidden Curriculum in Doctoral Education44,99 €
The book provides personal, context-specific and in-depth insider's perspectives towards PhD by Publication and offers a holistic understanding of micro- and macro-level issues by offering research and personal insights.
'Despite being in existence for over 20 years, the route to PhD is still often poorly understood by individuals and institutions. This lively, personal, informative, and affirming text will change that. Recognising the value and expansion of the route to a PhD by publication, and the current lack of published advice, Chong and Johnson have drawn together accounts by supervisors, student and graduates of their experiences of PhDs by publication, and what they learnt that will make the journey easier for others. Containing advice about how to apply, how to select publications, and how to prepare for the viva, it will be a valuable handbook for students and supervisors alike. Full of insights that will resonate with many research students and supervisors, and not only those involved in the 'by publication' route, it will help with tackling perennial barriers such as finding time to write, managing 'imposter syndrome;', and addressing the loneliness that many PhD student experience. An immensely useful, direct, profound and inspiring collection.'
Professor Shân Wareing, Deputy Vice Chancellor, University of Northampton