- Spatial Ecology and Conservation Modeling (eBook, PDF)97,95 €
- Mixed Effects Models and Extensions in Ecology with R (eBook, PDF)89,95 €
- Central American Biodiversity (eBook, PDF)113,95 €
- Wetland Techniques (eBook, PDF)81,95 €
- Wetland Techniques (eBook, PDF)89,95 €
- Wetland Techniques (eBook, PDF)97,95 €
- Fifty Years After the "Homage to Santa Rosalia": Old and New Paradigms on Biodiversity in Aquatic Ecosystems (eBook, PDF)145,95 €
* Lack of randomization, replication and independence * Multiple scales of spatial and temporal variability * Complex interactions and system feedbacks.
In real world ecology, standard replicated designs are often neither practical nor feasible for large-scale experiments, yet ecologists continue to cling to these same standard designs and related statistical analyses. Case studies that fully elucidate the currently available techniques for conducting large-scale unreplicated analyses are lacking.
Real World Ecology: Large-Scale and Long-Term Case Studies and Methods is the first to focus on case studies to demonstrate how ecologists can investigate complex contemporary problems using new and powerful experimental approaches. This collection of case studies showcases innovative experimental designs, analytical options, and interpretation possibilities currently available to theoretical and applied ecologists, practitioners, and biostatisticians. By illustrating how scientists have answered pressing questions about ecosystem restoration, impact and recovery, global warming, conservation, modeling, and biological invasions, this book will broaden the acceptance and application of modern approaches by scientists and encourage further methodological development.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 312
- Erscheinungstermin: 20. November 2008
- ISBN-13: 9780387779423
- Artikelnr.: 37286000