- Essential Methods for Planning Practitioners (eBook, PDF)98,95 €
- Cities as Spatial and Social Networks (eBook, PDF)116,95 €
- China's Urban Pattern (eBook, PDF)98,95 €
- The Rise in Vacant Housing in Post-growth Japan (eBook, PDF)98,95 €
- The Urban Transport Crisis in Emerging Economies (eBook, PDF)125,95 €
- New Urban Agenda in Asia-Pacific (eBook, PDF)98,95 €
- Contested Cities and Urban Activism (eBook, PDF)116,95 €
Here the attempt is to investigate the land transformation and the driving forces which were influencing the land transformation. The present study was done on peri urban interface of Aligarh city, a relatively small city, but as other north Indian cities, it is also expanding rapidly. Moreover, it too is surrounded by a populous rural area with productive and rich agricultural hinterland. Such conditions give rise to many conflicts and mutually beneficial complementarities in the rural and urban spheres.
The result shows that the demand for land is high which results in informal urban development fulfilling the requirements of many of the city's residents. Every piece of land is a tradable commodity, and the pursuit of short-term profits is the predominant ethic. The actors in PUI are strong because it is characterized by intermixing of rural and urban activities and interests as well as the number of actors are greater than in any other area.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 11.10.2012
- ISBN-13: 9789400752559
- Artikelnr.: 37805727