- Food Security and Safety135,99 €
- Pulses for Food and Nutritional Security of India89,99 €
- Plant Biotechnology for Sustainable Production of Energy and Co-products145,99 €
- Plant Biotechnology for Sustainable Production of Energy and Co-products155,99 €
- Bambara groundnut: Utilization and Future Prospects79,99 €
- Bambara groundnut: Utilization and Future Prospects104,99 €
- Genetic Modification of Plants349,99 €
Contributors to Food Security and Safety: African Perspectives offer solutions to the lack of adequate safe and nutritious food in sub-Saharan Africa, as well as highlight the positive efforts being made to address this lack through a holistic approach. The book discusses the various methods used to enhance food security, such as food fortification, fermentation, genetic modification, and plant breeding for improved yield and resistance to diseases. Authors emphasize the importance of hygiene and food safety in food preparation and preservation, and address how the constraints of climate change could be overcome using smart crops.
As a comprehensive reference text, Food Security and Safety: African Perspectives seeks to address challenges specific to the African continent while enhancing the global knowledge base around food security, food safety, and food production in an era of rapid climate change.