- Stranger in the House (eBook, ePUB)5,86 €
- The Secret History of the Blitz (eBook, ePUB)4,88 €
- Jambusters (eBook, ePUB)5,86 €
- When the Children Came Home (eBook, ePUB)5,86 €
- Our Uninvited Guests (eBook, ePUB)3,90 €
- Black Earth (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- Spuds, Spam and Eating For Victory (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
This is the story of how he battled to save his own career while using every trick in his entrepreneurial book to secure supplies. He battled to outwit unscrupulous dealers on the black market streets of cities within the British Empire - such as Alexandria in Eygpt - persuading customs authorities to turn a blind eye to his import schemes. If Britain had gone hungry the outcome of the war could have been very different. This book, for the first time, finds out the real story of how Lord Woolton provided food for Britain and her colonies and discovers that for him there were days when it was literally a choice of 'eggs or anarchy'.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Simon + Schuster Inc.
- Seitenzahl: 368
- Erscheinungstermin: 02.06.2016
- ISBN-13: 9781471151088
- Artikelnr.: 44348035