- The Season: A Social History of the Debutante (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Behind the Throne (eBook, ePUB)17,99 €
- The Lives of Tudor Women (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Christmas (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- A Country House Christmas (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- Des produits entre déclin et renaissance (XVIe-XXIe siècle) (eBook, ePUB)43,95 €
- Nebenfolgen in der Geschichte (eBook, ePUB)59,95 €
We might assume that our modern Christmas owes much to the Victorians. In fact, as Alison Weir and Siobhan Clarke reveal in this fascinating book, many of our favourite Christmas traditions date back much further. Carol-singing, present-giving, mulled wine and mince pies were all just as popular in Tudor times, and even Father Christmas and roast turkey dinners have their origins in this period. The festival was so beloved by English people that Christmas traditions survived remarkably unchanged in this age of tumultuous religious upheaval.
Beautifully illustrated with original line drawings throughout, this enchanting compendium will fascinate anyone with an interest in Tudor life - and anyone who loves Christmas.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Random House
- Seitenzahl: 192
- Erscheinungstermin: 04.10.2018
- ISBN-13: 9781473554429
- Artikelnr.: 50520876