- Graph-Theoretic Concepts in Computer Science (eBook, PDF)52,95 €
- The Colorado Mathematical Olympiad and Further Explorations (eBook, PDF)44,95 €
- Algorithms and Discrete Applied Mathematics (eBook, PDF)58,95 €
- The Mathematical Legacy of Srinivasa Ramanujan (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- The Mathematics of Paul Erdos II (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- On the Class Number of Abelian Number Fields (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- Explorations in Monte Carlo Methods (eBook, PDF)40,95 €
I am almost speechless facing the ingenuity and inventiveness demonstrated in the problems proposed in the third decade of these Olympics. However, equally impressive is the drive and persistence of the originator and living soul of them. It is hard for me to imagine the enthusiasm and commitment needed to work singlehandedly on such an endeavor over several decades.
<-Branko Grünbaum, University of Washington
After decades of hunting for Olympiad problems, and struggling to create Olympiad problems, he has become an extraordinary connoisseur and creator of Olympiad problems. The Olympiad problems were very good, from the beginning, but in the third decade the problems have become extraordinarily good. Every brace of 5 problems is a work of art. The harder individual problems range in quality from brilliant to work-of-genius... The same goes for the "Further Explorations" part of the book. Great mathematics and mathematical questions are immersed in a sauce of fascinating anecdote and reminiscence. If you could have only one book to enjoy while stranded on a desert island, this would be a good choice.
Like Gauss, Alexander Soifer would not hesitate to inject Eureka! at the right moment. Like van der Waerden, he can transform a dispassionate exercise in logic into a compelling account of sudden insights and ultimate triumph.
- Cecil Rousseau Chair, USA Mathematical Olympiad Committee
A delightful feature of the book is that in the second part more related problems are discussed. Some of them are still unsolved.
The book is a gold mine of brilliant reasoning with special emphasis on the power and beauty of coloring proofs. Strongly recommended to both serious and recreational mathematicians on all levels of expertise.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 259
- Erscheinungstermin: 27. April 2017
- ISBN-13: 9783319528618
- Artikelnr.: 53034887