- Inside War (eBook, ePUB)0,00 €
- Militarised Responses to Transnational Organised Crime (eBook, PDF)96,95 €
- Non-State Armed Actors in the Middle East (eBook, PDF)68,95 €
- The Global Challenge of Militias and Paramilitary Violence (eBook, PDF)40,95 €
- Violent Non-State Actors in Africa (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- Returning Islamist Foreign Fighters (eBook, PDF)48,95 €
- China as a Nuclear Power in World Politics (eBook, PDF)64,95 €
This book oppose the idea that this situation prefigures the return to an anarchical, pre-political condition, by assuming that new wars are rather the product of the blurring of the public-private divide, induced by the end of the Cold War, together with globalisation. As a consequence, also the internal and external factors are blurred; and ever more permeable and elusive is becoming even the border between war and crime.
Inside War goes beyond a state-centered analysis and adopts an interdisciplinary and multilayered approach, and is intended to foster the dialogue among researchers from different fields. It places war at the core of analysis, assuming that the reality of war is what we make of it; and that the only insurmountable limit to our comprehension of war is our way of knowing and representing it.
Fabio Armao teaches courses in Politics and Globalisation Processes, and Criminal Systems. He has been Visiting Professor at Cornell University, and co-convenor of the Standing Group on Organized Crime, European Consortium for Political Research. Founding member of T.wai (Torino World Affair Institute), he is also member of the Editorial Board of 'Global Crime'. His research interests and publications focus on international wars and geopolitics, on violent non-state actors and transnational organised crime, and on urban security.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Gruyter, Walter de GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 205
- Erscheinungstermin: 22.02.2016
- ISBN-13: 9783110471243
- Artikelnr.: 44590878