- Disease, Health Care and Government in Late Imperial Russia (eBook, PDF)28,95 €
- The Human Tide (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- The Decline of Imperial Russia (eBook, ePUB)27,95 €
- Tuberculosis in the Americas, 1870-1945 (eBook, ePUB)33,95 €
- Hospital Politics in Seventeenth-Century France (eBook, ePUB)33,95 €
- Health Care and Poor Relief in Counter-Reformation Europe (eBook, ePUB)34,95 €
- Health Care and Poor Relief in 18th and 19th Century Northern Europe (eBook, ePUB)33,95 €
The book sets these outbreaks fully in their social, economic, political and cultural context, and explains why a medical and social disaster - which had long since been overcome in other parts of Europe - continued much later in Russia. It explores autocratic government, urban renewal, public health, and disaster management, including the management of widespread public hysteria and social unrest. The book further analyses the assimilation of Western medical knowledge, and the resulting institutional and epistemological changes. Overall, it demonstrates that Russia's medical history was inseparably linked to the nature of the tsarist regime itself in its confrontation with modernity.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 248
- Erscheinungstermin: 14.12.2010
- ISBN-13: 9781136847059
- Artikelnr.: 43073821