- Hitler's Willing Executioners (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- The Death of Democracy (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- The Death of Democracy (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- The Holocaust (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- The German Trauma (eBook, ePUB)11,99 €
- The German War (eBook, ePUB)10,99 €
- Jüdische Ärztinnen und Ärzte im Nationalsozialismus (eBook, ePUB)113,95 €
'The most brilliant and fascinating book I have read in my entire life' Dan Snow
'Extremely interesting ... a serious piece of scholarship, very well researched' Ian Kershaw
The Nazis presented themselves as warriors against moral degeneracy. Yet, as Norman Ohler's gripping bestseller reveals, the entire Third Reich was permeated with drugs: cocaine, heroin, morphine and, most of all, methamphetamines, or crystal meth, used by everyone from factory workers to housewives, and crucial to troops' resilience - even partly explaining German victory in 1940.
The promiscuous use of drugs at the very highest levels also impaired and confused decision-making, with Hitler and his entourage taking refuge in potentially lethal cocktails of stimulants administered by the physician Dr Morell as the war turned against Germany. While drugs cannot on their own explain the events of the Second World War or its outcome, Ohler shows, they change our understanding of it. Blitzed forms a crucial missing piece of the story.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Penguin Books Ltd
- Seitenzahl: 272
- Erscheinungstermin: 6. Oktober 2016
- ISBN-13: 9780241256985
- Artikelnr.: 45324774