- Rewriting the Rules of the American Economy: An Agenda for Growth and Shared Prosperity (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- The New World Economy: A Beginner's Guide (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- Currency Wars (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- Arguing with Zombies: Economics, Politics, and the Fight for a Better Future (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- tolino shine 395,00 €
- Boomerang: Travels in the New Third World (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Economics in Minutes (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
Europe is in crisis. Sluggish economic growth in many countries, widespread income stagnation, and recession have led to severe political and social consequences. Social protections for citizens have been cut back. Governments offer timid responses to deep-seated problems. These economic and political failures have contributed to the rise of extremist parties on the right. Marginalized populations are being made scapegoats for Europe's woes. But the problems of today's Europe stem from decisions based on a blind worship of markets in too many areas of policy.
If Europe is to return to an innovative and dynamic economy—and if there is to be shared prosperity, social solidarity, and justice—then EU countries need to break with their current, destructive trajectory. This volume offers concrete strategies for renewal that would also reinvigorate the project of European integration, with fresh ideas in the areas of both macroeconomics and microeconomics, including central banking, public investment, corporate governance and competition policy, social policy, and international trade.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: W. W. Norton & Company
- Seitenzahl: 400
- Erscheinungstermin: 28. Januar 2020
- ISBN-13: 9780393651416
- Artikelnr.: 59593424