- Shaolin Lohan Kung-Fu (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- Secrets of Northern Shaolin Kung-fu (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Zen Shaolin Karate (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- When Buddhists Attack (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Shaolin Kung Fu (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- The Book of Five Rings (Rediscovered Books) (eBook, ePUB)2,99 €
- The Master's Manual (Chuan Fa Kenpo Close Combat Maneuvers) (eBook, ePUB)6,50 €
Shaolin Temple boxing is the father of all boxing forms in China and is a close ancestor of Japanese karate. Despite the widespread study of Shaolin kung fu, however, the true origins and history of this exciting martial art have been obscured by wildly fanciful myths and legends that have arisen over the centuries, leading martial-arts authority Robert W. Smith to remark, "There are no good books on Shaolin Temple boxing. There are only varying degrees of poor." In Taiwan, however, Smith had the good fortune to discover a short, anonymous work in Chinese that he believed revealed the essence of Shaolin.
This kung fu book is the English version of that text. Abundantly and attractively illustrated, it is a fascinating account of the history of an ancient martial art, as well as a concise martial arts manual explaining the fundamental philosophy and techniques of Shaolin Temple boxing.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Tuttle Publishing
- Seitenzahl: 72
- Erscheinungstermin: 9. Januar 2012
- ISBN-13: 9781462903276
- Artikelnr.: 37958460