- The Language Lover's Puzzle Book (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- The Penguin Book Quiz (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- The GCHQ Puzzle Book (eBook, ePUB)10,99 €
- A Brief History of Puzzles (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- The Canterbury Puzzles (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- The Ultimate Mathematical Challenge: Over 365 puzzles to test your wits and excite your mind (eBook, ePUB)8,99 €
- My Best Mathematical and Logic Puzzles (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
Imprisoned by a sadistic logician.
Challenged to raise dogs from the dead.
Trapped on a burning island.
And much more besides . . .
Everything is at stake in this compendium of more than 150 ingenious puzzles, selected to reveal the wonderful diversity of brainteasers that have confounded and intrigued solvers for the last thousand years. You'll need to pit your wits against probability problems, wrestle with wordplay, grapple with geometry and scrabble for survival.
Along the way you will discover stories of whip-smart thinkers, eccentric novelists and a poodle with allegedly supernatural powers. You will absorb fascinating and important mathematical ideas. Some solutions will rely on ingenuity, some will challenge you to spot hidden patterns, others call for extreme rationality. All will surprise, entertain and stretch your brain.
Will you make it out with your puzzling pride intact?
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Faber And Faber Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 352
- Erscheinungstermin: 5. November 2019
- ISBN-13: 9781783351923
- Artikelnr.: 58041742