Andere Kunden interessierten sich auch für
- Color Atlas of Ultrasound Anatomy36,99 €
- Clinical Echocardiography46,99 €
- Doppler Echocardiography in Infancy and Childhood90,99 €
- Normal and Abnormal Fetal Face Atlas151,99 €
- Handbook of Cardiovascular CT84,99 €
- Pocket Atlas of Echocardiography36,99 €
- Nuclear Endocrinology61,99 €
Block, Abdominal Ultrasound: Step by Step, 3e
Abdominal Ultrasound: Step by Step
The third edition of this practical reference guide has been updated with a modern, visually attractive design and expanded content. The book is ideal for healthcare professionals with little or no experience in administering and interpreting abdominal ultrasound examinations. It is practice-oriented and structured in a way that allows readers with varying degrees of ultra-sonography knowledge to utilize the material according to their individual experience and needs.
Each chapter includes a systematic, detailed description of the anatomy involved in the ultrasound examination, with easy-to-digest steps that follow standardized routine and protocol. That straight-forward approach, coupled with more than 1,000 high-quality images and illustrations, enables hands-on learning, yielding the ability to assimilate these techniques quickly and adeptly.
This is a stellar resource that provides the requisite tools to locate and display the anatomical structure being tested, position and move the transducers accurately, describe and interpret the findings correctly, and differentiate key findings from the many image artifacts that typically occur.
- In-depth discussion of organ boundaries, organ details, anatomical relationships, potentially abnormal findings, tips, and clearly defined learning objectives
- Anatomical drawings incorporate a "sliced 3-D" view that show how the structures are displayed by the sector-shaper beam
- Each chapter includes a series of images replicating the 3-D impression that results from the transducer moving across the body
- Schematic drawings illustrate the ultrasound images, including a body marker that shows the transducer position
- The "sono-consultant": a systematic guide to evaluating ultrasound findings and establishing a differential diagnosis
The step-by-step guide is an invaluable, pragmatic resource to have on hand while performing abdominal ultrasound on the patient. In-depth but concise, this is an essential teaching guide for medical students, residents, technicians, and physicians who need to learn and master these examination techniques.
Berthold Block, MD, is in Private Practice, Braunschweig, Germany.
An award-winning international medical and scientific publisher, Thieme has demonstrated its
commitment to the highest standard of quality in the state-of-the-art content and presentation of
all of its products. Thieme's trademark blue and silver covers have become synonymous with
excellence in publishing.