- Children and Forced Migration (eBook, PDF)89,95 €
- Refugees and Forced Migration in the Horn and Eastern Africa (eBook, PDF)80,95 €
- Screening Asylum in a Culture of Disbelief (eBook, PDF)80,95 €
- International Migration, Transnational Politics and Conflict (eBook, PDF)67,95 €
- tolino shine 3119,00 €
- African Indigenous Financial Institutions (eBook, PDF)58,95 €
- Irregular Afghan Migration to Europe (eBook, PDF)80,95 €
This book overcomes the dichotomies, generalizations and empirical shortcomings that surround the understanding of return migration within the migration-development-peace-building nexus. Using the concept of multidimensional embeddedness, it provides an encompassing view of returnees' identification with and participation in one or multiple spaces of belonging. It introduces Afghan return migration from Europe as a relevant case study, since the country's protracted history of conflict and migration shows how the globally changing political discourses of recent decades have shaped migration strategies. The author's findings highlight the fact that policy is responding inadequately to complex issues of migration, conflict, development and return, since the expectations on which it is based only account for a small minority of returnees. This thought-provoking book will appeal to scholars of migration and refugee studies, as well as a wider audience of sociologists, anthropologists, demographers and policy makers.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 08.02.2017
- ISBN-13: 9783319407753
- Artikelnr.: 53153046