- Sovereign Justice108,99 €
- Liberal Perfectionism80,99 €
- Demokratie unter Bedingungen der Weltgesellschaft?87,95 €
- Democracy, Religious Pluralism and the Liberal Dilemma of Accommodation53,99 €
- Liberal Neutrality59,99 €
- Gleichheit59,95 €
- Freiheit in Abhängigkeit39,90 €
Cosmopolitan responsibility addresses the moral responsibilities of privileged individuals to take action in the face of global structural injustice. Individuals are called upon to complement institutional efforts to respond to global challenges, such as climate change, unfair global trade, or world poverty.
Committed to an ideal of relational equality among all human beings, the book discusses the impact of individual action, the challenge of special obligations, and the possibility of moral overdemandingness in order to lay the ground for an action-guiding ethos of cosmopolitan responsibility.
This thought-provoking book will be of interest to any reflective reader concerned about justice and responsibilities in a globalised world.
Jan-Christoph Heilinger is a moral and political philosopher. He teaches at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, Munich, Germany, and at Ecole normale supérieure, Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
- Verlag: De Gruyter
- Erscheinungstermin: 15. November 2019
- Abmessung: 236mm x 161mm x 22mm
- Gewicht: 523g
- ISBN-13: 9783110600780
- ISBN-10: 3110600781
- Artikelnr.: 53802257