- Reshaping Urban Conservation (eBook, PDF)107,95 €
- Aspects of Management Planning for Cultural World Heritage Sites (eBook, PDF)80,95 €
- Collision or Collaboration (eBook, PDF)71,95 €
- Shared Knowledge, Shared Power (eBook, PDF)49,95 €
- Monumentality in Later Prehistory (eBook, PDF)89,95 €
- Handbook of East and Southeast Asian Archaeology (eBook, PDF)204,95 €
- Crafting in the World (eBook, PDF)98,95 €
This book will explore the experiences, both positive and negative, of small and large cities globally. We have examined programs in the Commonwealth of Nations (formerly known as the British Commonwealth) and in the United States. These countries share similar perspectives on preservation and heritage, although the approaches these cities have taken to address municipal archaeology reveals considerable diversity. The case studies highlight how these innovative partnerships have developed, and explain how they function within local government. Engaging with the political sphere to advocate for and conduct archaeology requires creativity, flexibility, and the ability to develop collaborative partnerships. How these archaeological partnerships benefit the community is a vital part of the equation. Heritage and tourist benefits are discussed. Economic challenges during downturns in the economy are analyzed. The book also examines public outreach programs and the grassroots efforts to protect and preserve a community's archaeological heritage.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 28.07.2017
- ISBN-13: 9783319554907
- Artikelnr.: 53061594