- The Reinvention of Britain 1960-2016 (eBook, ePUB)30,95 €
- The Origins of the Present Troubles in Northern Ireland (eBook, PDF)34,95 €
- The United States and European Reconstruction 1945-1960 (eBook, PDF)44,95 €
- The Transformation of the International Order of Asia (eBook, PDF)34,95 €
- The Soviet Union under Brezhnev (eBook, PDF)27,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,99 €
- South African Special Forces (eBook, PDF)10,95 €
This book argues that since 1960 there have been two reinventions of the political economy of the United Kingdom: a social-democratic shift initiated by the Conservative government of Harold Macmillan and developed by Labour under Harold Wilson, and a subsequent change of direction towards a free market model attempted by the Conservatives under Margaret Thatcher. Structured around these two key policy reinventions of the late twentieth century, chapters are organized chronologically, from the development of social democracy in the early 1960s to the coalition government of the early 2010s, the Conservative election win that followed and the 'Brexit' referendum of 2016.
Providing a comprehensive yet accessible introduction to the political and economic history of this period, The Reinvention of Britain 1960-2016 is essential reading for all students of contemporary British history.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 282
- Erscheinungstermin: 25.08.2017
- ISBN-13: 9781351666534
- Artikelnr.: 49045862