- Churchill's Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare (eBook, ePUB)5,49 €
- The Splendid and the Vile (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- Appeasing Hitler (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- Churchill and the Bomb in War and Cold War (eBook, ePUB)21,95 €
- 1939 (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- The Death of Hitler (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
May, 1940. Britain is at war, European democracies are falling rapidly and the public are unaware of this dangerous new world. Just days after his unlikely succession to Prime Minister, Winston Churchill, faces this horror - and a sceptical King and a party plotting against him. He wonders how he can capture the public mood and does so, magnificently, before leading the country to victory.
It is this fascinating period that Anthony McCarten captures in this deeply researched, gripping day-by-day (and often hour-by-hour) narrative. In doing so he revises the familiar view of Churchill - he made himself into the iconic figure we remember and changed the course of history, but through those turbulent and dangerous weeks he was plagued by doubt, and even explored a peace treaty with Nazi Germany. It's a scarier, and more human story, than has ever been told.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Penguin Books Ltd
- Seitenzahl: 288
- Erscheinungstermin: 28.09.2017
- ISBN-13: 9780241327111
- Artikelnr.: 49207127