- Western North American Juniperus Communities (eBook, PDF)116,95 €
- Gradients in a Tropical Mountain Ecosystem of Ecuador (eBook, PDF)258,95 €
- Ecosystem Services from Forest Landscapes (eBook, PDF)116,95 €
- Amazonian Floodplain Forests (eBook, PDF)160,95 €
- tolino shine 3119,00 €
- A Goal-Oriented Approach to Forest Landscape Restoration (eBook, PDF)134,95 €
- Forest Landscapes and Global Change (eBook, PDF)98,95 €
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 24.06.2007
- ISBN-13: 9781402050954
- Artikelnr.: 37349772
1. Tidal freshwater swamps of the southeastern United States.-2. Hydrology of tidal freshwater forested wetlands of the southeastern United States.- 3. Soils and biogeochemistry of tidal freshwater forested wetlands.- 4. Plant community composition of a tidally influenced, remnant Atlantic white cedar stand in Mississippi.- 5. Sediment, nutrient, and vegetation trends along the tidal, forested Pocomoke River, Maryland.- 6. Vegetation and seed bank studies of salt-pulsed swamps of the Nanticoke River, Chesapeake Bay.- 7. Tidal freshwater swamps of a lower Chesapeake Bay subestuary.- 8. Biological, chemical, and physical characteristics of tidal freshwater swamp forests of the lower Cape Fear River/Estuary.- 9. Ecology of tidal freshwater forests in coastal deltaic Louisiana and northeastern South Carolina.- 10. Ecology of the coastal edge of hydric hammocks on the Gulf Coast of Florida.- 11. Ecological characteristics of tidal freshwater forests along the lower Suwannee River.
"Tidal freshwater wetlands, upstream from saline coastal estuaries, present remarkable habitats now threatened by a variety of factors including climate change and sea level rise. The editors, along with 50 contributors ... here present recent, much-needed studies of these endangered areas. ... The volume offers good reviews of the current use and conservation of these forested wetlands, with ample suggestions about future research needs. ... This handbook is well referenced and illustrated throughout. Summing Up: Recommended. Upper-level undergraduate through professionals/practitioners." (C. Leck, CHOICE, Vol. 45 (5), January, 2008)
"The editors of this book have successfully brought together ecologists actively engaged in research on these systems ... and widely dispersed grey literature to provide a comprehensive review of research findings. ... For those interested in coastal wetlands, or systems that are driven by strong hydrological fluctuations, this book will be a valuable resource." (Siobhan Fennessy, Ecology, Vol. 89 (10), 2008)