- Peirce-Arg Philosophers (eBook, PDF)30,95 €
- Neopragmatism and Theological Reason (eBook, PDF)36,95 €
- The Two Pragmatisms (eBook, PDF)30,95 €
- Philosophical Essays (eBook, PDF)10,95 €
- Wittgenstein (eBook, PDF)18,95 €
- Pragmatic Idealism and Scientific Prediction (eBook, PDF)78,95 €
- Peirce and the Threat of Nominalism (eBook, PDF)30,95 €
The book begins with an overview of Peirce's life and work, considering his early and long-standing interest in logic and science, and highlighting important views on the structure of philosophical thought. Atkin then explains Peirce's accounts of pragmatism and truth examining important later developments to these theories. He then introduces Peirce's full accounts of semiotics, examines his foundational work on formal and graphical logic, and introduces Peirce's account of metaphysics, the least understood aspect of his philosophy. The final chapter considers Peirce's legacy and influence on the thought of philosophers such as John Dewey and Richard Rorty, as well as highlighting areas where Peirce's ideas could still provide important insights for contemporary philosophers.
Including chapter summaries, suggestions for further reading and a glossary, this invaluable introduction and guide to Peirce's philosophy is essential reading for those new to his work.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 356
- Erscheinungstermin: 26.06.2015
- ISBN-13: 9781317445838
- Artikelnr.: 43157493