- The Encyclopedia of Eastern Orthodox Christianity (eBook, ePUB)300,99 €
- The Blackwell Companion to Religion and Violence (eBook, ePUB)148,99 €
- tolino shine 3119,00 €
- Social Ethics in the Making (eBook, ePUB)36,99 €
- The European Reformations (eBook, ePUB)25,99 €
- Christian Theology (eBook, ePUB)26,99 €
- Christian Theology (eBook, ePUB)25,99 €
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: John Wiley & Sons
- Seitenzahl: 480
- Erscheinungstermin: 19.11.2010
- ISBN-13: 9781444393835
- Artikelnr.: 38305678
List of Illustrations.
List of Abbreviations.
Note on Sources.
Introduction: Strange Encounters.
1. The Pilgrimage of the Orthodox through History.
2. The Orthodox Sense of Tradition.
3. The Doctrine of the Orthodox Church. I: The Glory of theLord.
4. The Doctrine of the Orthodox Church. II: The Economy ofSalvation.
5. The Holy Mysteries and Liturgies.
6. 'The God-Beloved Emperor': Orthodoxy'sPolitical Imagination.
7. Orthodoxy and the Contemporary World.
Glossary of Orthodox Terminology.
"The volume's detailed, comprehensive treatment will requireand repay a careful reading. Summing Up: Essential."(Choice, April 2009)
Throughout he writes with passion, deep sensitivity, and awonderful evocative clarity." (Logos, May 2009)
"[The book] will help the Orthodox to a deeper understanding ofthe riches of their faith and will introduce the non-Orthodox tofresh ways of thinking about their faith, and both to a renewedengagement with the life of the church." (EcclesiasticalHistory, April 2009)
"McGuckin's hope that his book may contribute to the dialoguebetween East and West deserves to be realised." (ChurchTimes, October 2008)