- Stochastics (eBook, PDF)28,95 €
- Numerik gewöhnlicher Differentialgleichungen (eBook, PDF)39,95 €
- Elements of Partial Differential Equations (eBook, PDF)24,95 €
- Advances in Numerical Simulation in Physics and Engineering (eBook, PDF)67,95 €
- Direct and Inverse Problems in Wave Propagation and Applications (eBook, PDF)63,95 €
- tolino shine 3119,00 €
- Cardiovascular Mathematics (eBook, PDF)80,95 €
This book deals with the general topic "Numerical solution of partial differential equations (PDEs)" with a focus on adaptivity of discretizations in space and time. By and large, introductory textbooks like "Numerical Analysis in Modern Scientific Computing" by Deuflhard and Hohmann should suffice as a prerequisite. The emphasis lies on elliptic and parabolic systems. Hyperbolic conservation laws are treated only on an elementary level excluding turbulence.
Numerical Analysis is clearly understood as part of Scientific Computing. The focus is on the efficiency of algorithms, i.e. speed, reliability, and robustness, which directly leads to the concept of adaptivity in algorithms. The theoretical derivation and analysis is kept as elementary as possible. Nevertheless required somewhat more sophisticated mathematical theory is summarized in comprehensive form in an appendix. Complex relations are explained by numerous figures and illustrating examples. Non-trivial problems from regenerative energy, nanotechnology, surgery, and physiology are inserted.
The text will appeal to graduate students and researchers on the job in mathematics, science, and technology. Conceptually, it has been written as a textbook including exercises and a software list, but at the same time it should be well-suited for self-study.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Gruyter, Walter de GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 432
- Erscheinungstermin: 31.08.2012
- ISBN-13: 9783110283112
- Artikelnr.: 44456814