- Sports Management and Sports Humanities (eBook, PDF)89,95 €
- Corneal Biomechanics and Refractive Surgery (eBook, PDF)47,95 €
- Laparo-endoskopische Hernienchirurgie (eBook, PDF)109,99 €
- Degenerative Erkrankungen der Halswirbelsäule (eBook, PDF)46,99 €
- Leitfaden Extrakorporale Zirkulation (eBook, PDF)14,99 €
- Clinical Aspects of Electroporation (eBook, PDF)134,95 €
- Gliomchirurgie (eBook, PDF)179,99 €
This book discusses recent advances and various topics in plasticity of skeletal muscle from the perspectives of morphology, biological function, and clinical applications. Skeletal muscle is a highly plastic organ to adapt to environmental various demands, appears to endocrine various myokines, which flow into blood to protect the recognizing function of brain and inhibit the appearance of several cancer tumorigenesis.
The book deals with current stem-cell based, pharmacological, and nutritional therapies for muscle wasting (sarcopenia, cachexia, and muscular dystrophy). It also explains the roles of biological mediators such as PGC-1, transient receptor potential cation channels (TRPC), and AMPK in modulating muscle function. The functional roles of ubiquitin-proteasome system, autophagy-dependent signaling in muscle homeostasis, ribosome biogenesis, and redox regulation of mechanotransduction to modulate skeletal muscle mass are also covered.
It is an essential resource for physicians, researchers, post-docs as well as graduate students in the field of sports science including rehabilitation therapy, exercise physiology, exercise biochemistry, and molecular biology dealing with skeletal muscle.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 01.03.2017
- ISBN-13: 9789811032929
- Artikelnr.: 53062404