- The Peace of Nicias and the Sicilian Expedition (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- History of the Peloponnesian War (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- The Mind of Thucydides (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- The Fall of the Athenian Empire (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- New History of the Peloponnesian War (eBook, ePUB)26,95 €
- The Trojan War (eBook, ePUB)13,77 €
Kagan takes issue with Thucydides' view that the war was inevitable, that the rise of the Athenian Empire in a world with an existing rival power made a clash between the two a certainty. Asserting instead that the origin of the war "cannot, without serious distortion, be treated in isolation from the internal history of the states involved," Kagan traces the connections between domestic politics, constitutional organization, and foreign affairs. He further examines the evidence to see what decisions were made that led to war, at each point asking whether a different decision would have been possible.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Cornell University Press
- Seitenzahl: 420
- Erscheinungstermin: 16.01.2013
- ISBN-13: 9780801467202
- Artikelnr.: 48787116