- Pregnancy, Delivery, Childbirth (eBook, PDF)26,95 €
- Midwifery, Obstetrics and the Rise of Gynaecology (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
- The Reproductive Unconscious in Late Medieval and Early Modern England (eBook, ePUB)29,95 €
- Midwives, Society and Childbirth (eBook, ePUB)35,95 €
- Childbirth and the Display of Authority in Early Modern France (eBook, ePUB)27,95 €
- The Christian Epigraphy of Egypt and Nubia (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
The book explores a history that, far from being linear, progressive or homogeneous, is characterised by significant continuities as well as transformations. The ways in which a woman gives birth and lives her pregnancy and the postpartum period are the result of a complex series of factors. The book therefore places these events in their wider cultural, social and religious contexts, which influenced the forms taken by rituals and therapeutic practices, religious and civil prescriptions and the regulation of the female body.
The investigation of this complex experience represents a crucial contribution to cultural, social and gender history, as well as an indispensable tool for understanding today's reality. It will be of great use to undergraduates studying the history of childbirth, the history of medicine, the history of the body, as well as women's and gender history more broadly.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 340
- Erscheinungstermin: 14.07.2020
- ISBN-13: 9780429560477
- Artikelnr.: 59775715