- Consciousness from a Broad Perspective (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- Ontology and Analysis (eBook, PDF)93,95 €
- Monadischer Raum (eBook, PDF)123,95 €
- Die Einheit des Individuums (eBook, PDF)144,95 €
- Mind, Meaning and World (eBook, PDF)60,95 €
- tolino shine 395,00 €
- How to Think About Meaning (eBook, PDF)128,95 €
This work is a systematic investigation of a range of solutions offered today for the philosophical problem of mental causation. The premises constituting the problem are analyzed before a survey is developed of the most popular theories on mental causation. It is demonstrated in detail why most of these canonical solutions must be considered deficient. In a third part, the 'new compatibilist's' approach to mental causation is explored, which is characterized by assertion of a non-identity-but-non-distinctness principle. The last part aims to offer an alternative solution to the problem. On the basis of a certain set of counterfactual conditionals, which are jointly taken to provide a definition of 'causal proportionality' that improves the existing definitions, it is shown that a specific, and hitherto widely neglected, version of causal overdeterminationism must be considered the most successful solution to the problem of mental causation.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Gruyter, Walter de GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 434
- Erscheinungstermin: 2. Mai 2013
- ISBN-13: 9783110324846
- Artikelnr.: 44454000