- Forschungsmethoden in Psychologie und Sozialwissenschaften für Bachelor (eBook, PDF)20,67 €
- Forschungsmethoden in Psychologie und Sozialwissenschaften (eBook, PDF)22,99 €
- Bayes-Statistik für Human- und Sozialwissenschaften (eBook, PDF)29,99 €
- Daten und Statistik (eBook, PDF)15,28 €
- Understanding Facial Expressions in Communication (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- Statistik im Klartext (eBook, PDF)19,99 €
- tolino shine 399,00 €
MATLAB for Psychologists expertly guides readers through the component steps, skills, and operations of the software, with plentiful graphics and examples to match the reader's comfort level. Using an extended illustration, this concise volume explains the program's usefulness at any point in an experiment, without the limits imposed by other types of software. And the authors demonstrate the responsiveness of MATLAB to the individual's research needs, whether the task is programming experiments, creating sensory stimuli, running simulations, or calculating statistics for data analysis.
Key features of the coverage:
- Thinking in a matrix way.
- Handling and plotting data. Guidelines for improved programming, sound, and imaging.
- Statistical analysis and signal detection theory indexes.
- The Graphical User Interface.
- The Psychophysics Toolbox.
MATLAB for Psychologists serves a wide audience of advanced undergraduate and graduate level psychology students, professors, and researchers as well as lab technicians involved in programming psychology experiments.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 284
- Erscheinungstermin: 24. März 2012
- ISBN-13: 9781461421979
- Artikelnr.: 37345050
"The reviewed book is written to help newcomers in using MATLAB for research in experimental psychology, including others. ... Different experiment scripts are presented in the book to enhance readers' ability to write MATLAB scripts of their own. Each chapter lists explanation tables, functions declaration, and aspects of different declaration values." (Adriana Horníková, Technometrics, Vol. 55 (2), May, 2013)
"The authors have produced a tutorial-like handbook that might be suitable for lab use in courses where students may have no previous programming experience. It is organized into ten easy-to-read chapters. ... The book is clearly written ... . This book includes some interesting examples from psychology research, which might also be useful in courses for nonpsychologists. ... In summary, this book is a pragmatic hands-on tutorial on MATLAB that might be useful to scientists ... including most psychologists and social scientists." (Fernando Berzal, ACM Computing Reviews, December, 2012)