- Votes for Women (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- The Secret Rose (eBook, ePUB)2,99 €
- The Wild Swans at Coole (collection) (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Celtic Twilight (eBook, ePUB)1,80 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- The Countess Cathleen (eBook, ePUB)2,99 €
- The Collected Works in Verse and Prose of William Butler Yeats, Vol. 5 (of 8) The Celtic Twilight and Stories of Red Hanrahan (eBook, ePUB)0,99 €
In "Belief and Unbelief," a story is shared about a village at the foot of Ben Bulben. One day, a young girl disappears while walking through a local field. Fearful that the faeries have gotten her, the townspeople conduct a search of the village, checking every home while burning ragweed and reciting spells to ward off the mischievous spirits. "Mortal Help" discusses the interdependence of humans and faeries, who require the presence of the living in order to play games in the physical world. As evidence, an old ditch digger tells a story from his youth, when he witnessed a group of faeries playing the game of hurling not far from the field where he was working. In "A Knight of the Sheep," an old farmer faces off with the local tax collector, and both struggle to maintain respect for one another while trading shrewdly concealed insults. "The Devil" discusses several demonic sightings among Irish peasants, who claim to have met Lucifer by the side of the road by day and under the bed at night. The Celtic Twilight captures the collision of ancient and modern Ireland, preserving its legends while ensuring their mystery remains.
With a beautifully designed cover and professionally typeset manuscript, this edition of W.B. Yeats's The Celtic Twilight is a classic of Irish literature reimagined for modern readers.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: West Margin Press
- Seitenzahl: 114
- Erscheinungstermin: 1. Februar 2021
- ISBN-13: 9781513275840
- Artikelnr.: 61154962