- Bode's Law and the Discovery of Juno (eBook, PDF)88,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Studies of Pallas in the Early Nineteenth Century (eBook, PDF)112,95 €
- Discovery of the First Asteroid, Ceres (eBook, PDF)87,95 €
- Investigating the Origin of the Asteroids and Early Findings on Vesta (eBook, PDF)112,95 €
- Magnetic Fields in the Solar System (eBook, PDF)87,95 €
- Faszination Astronomie (eBook, PDF)24,99 €
Astronomy was a truly cosmopolitan field at the time, spanning across various disciplines, and the discovery of Pallas, a story completely told in these pages, exemplifies the excitement and drama of early 1800s astronomy. All the private correspondence about the study of Ceres and Pallas in 1802 is given here, which helps to contextualize and personalize the discovery.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 412
- Erscheinungstermin: 22.08.2016
- ISBN-13: 9783319288154
- Artikelnr.: 46928043
"The author, Clifford Cunningham, is an expert in the History of Astronomy and in particular about the asteroids, on which he authored several books and papers. He therefore represents an authoritative and well-informed source of information. ... this book is interesting for its completeness in an intriguing but often overlooked topic of the history of astronomy. Surely worth the reading." (Gabriella Bernardi, Astrocom et al., astrocometal.blogspot.de, December, 2016)