- Muhammad Ali: The Story of a Boxing Legend25,99 €
- Muhammad Ali: The Making of an Icon73,99 €
- Ali: A Life12,99 €
- Approaching Ali: A Reclamation in Three Acts11,99 €
- The Official Treasures of Muhammad Ali28,99 €
- Muhammad Ali: Black Superman?12,73 €
- Quitters Never Win: My Life in Ufc -- The American Edition22,99 €
- Celebrities (Paperback)
- Verlag: BLACKWELL PUBL
- Seitenzahl: 215
- Erscheinungstermin: Oktober 2003
- Abmessung: 228mm x 154mm x 19mm
- Gewicht: 329g
- ISBN-13: 9780745628714
- ISBN-10: 0745628710
- Artikelnr.: 13590925
2. Celebrity, Tricks, and Culture: Float like a Butterfly, Stinglike a Bee.
3. Trickster Queers the World: I Don't Have to Be What YouWant Me to Be.
4. The Irony of Global Cultures: No Viet Cong ever Called meNigger.
5. Coming Home to the Heart of Darkness: When we were Kings.
6. Trickster Bodies and Cultural Death: You'll Die One DaySo Better Get Ready.
Ali and the World: A Chronology.
"Ali's fame was launched on the tide of his astonishing athleticprowess, but it was borne along by the spurting cross-currents ofculture, race and politics which boiled so fiercely during the1960s and 1970s. Lemert is excellent on Ali in relation to thesecross-currents, but he also dares to dive deeper, into the secretwaters of myth, totem and taboo which still underlie more of humanthought and feeling than we may like to admit ... This is aremarkably interesting and re-readable essay." FinancialTimes