- Peranakan Chinese Porcelain (eBook, ePUB)21,95 €
- The Wares of the Ming Dynasty (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- William Ince Cabinet Maker 1737-1804 (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Chinese Furniture (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Triumph of the Rococo 1750-1780 - An Introduction to the Furniture of the Eighteenth Century (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- The Queen Anne Period and Early Georgian Furniture (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
The broad range of beautiful objects which the Peranakan Chinese created and enjoyed in their daily lives is astounding. Each chapter in The Peranakan Chinese Home focuses on a different area and presents objects used or found in those spaces. Each piece is described in the context of their utility as household objects, as part of periodic celebrations to mark the Chinese New Year and other holidays, or in important life passage rituals relating to ancestor worship, birth, marriage, mourning and burial. The meaning of the rich symbolic and ornamental motifs found on the objects is discussed in detail and key differences are highlighted between Peranakan objects and similar ones found in China.
A fascinating mix of Chinese, European and Southeast Asian influences, the distinctly Peranakan identity of a people and their culture is beautifully portrayed through objects and archival photographs in this lovely and exotic book.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Tuttle Publishing
- Seitenzahl: 160
- Erscheinungstermin: 10. März 2013
- ISBN-13: 9781462911851
- Artikelnr.: 38094744